Friday, December 10, 2010

Wake Me Up

Since the day we were born, we have all been breathing, thinking, growing, feeling, seeing, tasting, smelling, hearing... Looking objectively, those actions would say that we are alive. I have been thinking about this subject and I would have to say I would change one part of that statement... those actions would say that we are not dead. When you're dead, you do not breathe, or think, or change at all. You are nothing and can do nothing. When death is given breath, it is given life. What do we do with the life we have? How do we cultivate the breath we have to spur on a life? When I talk about life, I mean living life- experiencing life in a way that is beyong the mundane and meaningless. What gives meaning to life and who is the judge of that? How can we give meaning to our lives, meaning that gives us purpose and gives us happiness? How much satisfaction is there out there to obtain and how can we obtain it? There comes a point where we realize that we are not happy with how our lives are going, and we search for that one thing to wake us up and give us the courage to continue living. What is going to wake me up and show me that there is so much more than what I have been living? I know there is so much more than what I have been experiencing, but I haven't found it yet. Maybe its foolish to hope that it will find me, but my efforts to find that meaning have failed thus far. Now, I am going to wait and hope it finds me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment