Thursday, December 9, 2010

Abortion...

I just read a quote by our President Barack Obama, regarding the issue or pro-choice/ abortion saying,
"If my daughters made a mistake, I don't want them to be punished with a baby."

I don't even know where to begin to describe how disgusting that statement is. His view is obviously "Pro-Choice," meaning that women have the right to choose if they want to keep or kill the baby growing inside of them. But what saddens me when I read this quote is that he thinks a baby is a type of "punishment" for making the mistake of having sex. But when has a precious little one ever been a punishment? How is a baby, that doesn't know how to do anything on its own except for breathe, considered a burden or punishment? I don't understand that. In my eyes, every baby is a precious jewel. They need to be cared for and loved. They need us to help them live and many people are making them die. Its tragic and terribly sad. I love babies and children so so much and the thought of them being hurt breaks my heart because they are precious and innocent children. They are just fragile frames and sweet minds. Obama is wrong in thinking that a baby out of marriage is a punishment for a mistake. Having sex outside of marriage is a mistake, yes, but the baby is a gift no matter what. God chose to knit that baby in the womb of its' mother, and there is no mistaking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment