Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Just Live Your Life

A common phrase that I have been saying lately is, "Just live your life!" I have found that its a good philosophy to live by right now. I am the kind of person who daily lives with regrets and fears that keep me from experiencing the things that make life exciting and meaningful. But thinking, "Just live your life!" helps me to remember that I really have only one chance to live this moment, and every moment, so I should do whatever would make it the most enjoyable. Jim Elliot said, "Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt of every situation you believe to be the will of God."  When we think about living every moment to the fullest, we tend to be the happiest. I don't mean in the way that is mentioned in Ecclesiastes "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die." I do not want to sound like I am talking about living life and sinning. I only mean that we shouldn't have to live with regrets and fears that keep us from experiencing the best that life has to offer.

Being in the church can be difficult at times because many times, the members are drenched with legalistic ideas that they impress upon you. I am learning to stop living according to the standards and personal convictions of others and to start developing my own in accordance to God's law, of course.

I am going to live my life and try not to have regrets or fears in the midst of it. Today is all we have... How are you going to spend it?

No comments:

Post a Comment