Sunday, December 5, 2010

Musical Lessons

Here at Master's right now they are having their annual Christmas Concerts. Those performing in it are performing musically with their voices, the piano, the bells, the violin, the cello, the flute, etc. Its a choir and orchestra concert. I was lucky enough to attend the concert on opening night as an usher. While I was sitting down enjoying the show, a friend leaned over to me and asked me, "What is the point of a conductor? I mean, he just stands up there and waves his arms around..." I started thinking about it and observing what the conductor was doing and how everyone reacted to it. I noticed a lot and was blessed by it.
Here is the slightly cheese analogy I thought of as I observed:

The conductor directs everyone in the show. He is the one who tells everyone when play, how the play, and when to stop playing. He waves his hand up and they play accordingly; He waves his arms around and closes his hands and they all cease to play. The same for the singers. Everyone is watching him intently for what his never command will be and they all obey it. If one person did not look at him and he called the song to an end, they would keep playing and ruin the entire show.

In life, God is the conductor who knows the masterpiece being performed. We are all his choir and orchestra. We need to be watching Him with intent, looking for what His next command will be. When we stop looking at Him, we do not know what our next move should be and we ruin what His plan is.

It is so beautiful to see a show where everyone is submitted to the conductor and making such beautiful music because of it. I am blessed...

And I want to learn to play the cello... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment