Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Dinner Party

Last night (Friday night), I went to a Christmas Dinner/Party for the college group at my church here at home. I will say that my expectations were higher for the party, but the reality of it was still pretty fun!

Lets start with the party prep: I didn't really know what to wear to the dinner, because I didn't have anything "fancy, but fun" enough. I found a semi-chic black party dress in my closet, with a Jackie-O feel to it, and ruffled pieces of fabric sewn around the bottom. I decided on wearing that dress, but my only problem was that it was a little too short- I needed something on my legs to make it a little less... scandalous. So, I set off to the mall to find some tights.

While I was there, I went into H&M and what do I see? A SALE! If any of you have been to an H&M Sale, you know that they are quite the steal! So, I grabbed 6 pretty dresses and headed to the dressing room the try them on. After trying on 5 of them, and having one of them get stuck on me from being a little too small, I almost gave up, until I tried on the last dress. It is a champagne pink satin-like dress with a toga-like design and a black jewel on the left shoulder to offset the pink. I put it on and fell in love with it! So, I bought the dress, along with black tights to go under it! It was a grand total of $20 for the whole outfit!

Now fast forward through the make up and hair and I am at the party. First person I see is my Steffy Beffy (Translated, Stefanie Best Friend)!!! Love her to pieces! She looked ROCKIN' in her chic black dress and metallic silver heels! (I'm friends with a famous person!) We chatted for a few minutes while the pastor was getting ready to talk and when he started, we sat down... Then we ate... then we listened to Christmas music... then we listened to a Christmas message... then we did the white elephant gift exchange... then we left. I chose not to explain the rest of the party because it is all generically self-explanatory. For the most part, I was expecting something new and exciting, but I ended up getting "old and slightly boring." However, over-all it was a fun night to get dressed up! : )

I enjoyed being able to sneak out a few times during the night and talk with Stefanie about life and whats going on. I always think its interesting when two people are going through similar things and they are able to share experiences about it. We're hoping that things turn out well, but our motto right now is, "Just live your life!" It is quite fun to chant at each other in times of frustration! Oh the friendship of besties...

Here is a picture of me and Stefanie in front of the tree at the party:
That's the dress I ended up buying... and doesn't Stef look gorgeous?! Love it!!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment