Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Humbling Day

Humbled. To say the least.

My previous post was a result of my frustration that my dad took my car with him to work this morning instead of his little car. I had made plans to see friends today, and like I said, I hate depending on other people. So, because I can't drive stick shift, I couldn't get there without asking a friend for a ride. All morning I was complaining and grumbling because the rain had "Stopped" and "he totally could have taken his car!" But I was wrong. The road he takes to work was so flooded that they closed it down- had he taken his car, he would have been in a tough situation with the floods. Just now it was raining so hard that my street flooded in a minute- literally. Because he is in my car, he is able to avoid hydroplaning better than he would in his corvette.

I am humbled today. And so thankful that my dad is safe. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment