Tuesday, January 25, 2011

College Semester Round 2

Classes have begun!

Classes I am looking forward to the most are:
1. Poetry and Poetics with Esther Chua. The class structure is quite abstract in comparison to how a class tends to be organized. We will be doing things that are hands on, which is the way I think I learn best- by experience. We get to read some of my favorite poets and I am just excited to learn in this way!

2. World Literature with Jo Suzuki. I am looking forward to all of the reading for this class. Also, I think that Suzuki, from what I have seen of him today, is someone that I enjoy being around! He is, at first glance, a very sweet and conservative older man, but when he starts to talk, his comments are hilarious and vicious, but in a loving way. My laughing quota for this semester will be met with abundance just from this class alone!

I am indifferent to my Critical Thinking & Problem Solving class with Claire Blackwell. However, there is one class that I am very intimidated by and, I suppose, would be on my "Not-so-excited-for" list. That class would be:

Studies in John Milton with Grant Horner. Don't get me wrong- I am looking forward to learning about John Milton and reading many of his works. However, I think that it will be a little over my head. I know that if I get anything less than an A in the class, I will be disappointed in myself. But I want to take the class anyway because it will be a good experience, I think. So, I am going to subject myself to the pain and agony of studying Milton and writing a 20 page paper on him, for a grade that won't be in the least bit impressive!

My enthusiasm for homework is quite strong right now. I hope that it lasts and that I do not become apathetic toward it. I love learning and I am sincerely thankful for the opportunity to go to college and get a degree!

No comments:

Post a Comment