Monday, August 16, 2010

With 5 more days...

With 5 days until I move to college, I have decided to officially start my college blog. What will I be writing on here? Well, I imagine that the first couple months I will be talking about nothing but school and all that comes with it, but I think this will eventually just become my new "everything" blog. But we'll see where this ends up.

Thoughts about moving: I can't believe this is REALLY happening. 5 more days and I will be living in Santa Clarita at The Master's College with many people I don't know and it kinda freaks me out. Don't get me wrong, I am STOKED to be going, but what person isn't a little apprehensive about moving away from the only city they have ever lived in? (Just realized this... I have only ever lived in Riverside for my whole 19 year old life. Sure, I have visited other places, but never called any of those places "home.") I can't wait to experience all that is ahead of me and I am thankful that God has allowed a time of discomfort so that I might find my only comfort in Him. Isn't it great when you only see Jesus and no one else? No idols, just Jesus. That's what I want, always.

MY ROOMIE: Okay, this has probably been my biggest excitement and biggest fear so far. Biggest excitement because I know that God has chosen her and specially put her and I together for His purpose. My hope is that we will be wonderful friends, but if we are just "good" friends, I am okay with that. God knows what is needed for each of us and I am thankful for that. The reason why its my biggest "fear" is because I won't be meeting her, and no nothing about her, until Saturday morning when I move in. : ) Oh, the Master's College has some funny rules to abide by... ; ) So yea... The day I meet her, we will be sleeping in the same room together. If there was ever a time to "build a bridge and get over it" I suppose that would be it. Forget "comfort." No offense at all to her, but I think I can safely say that that will be an awkward time... Each of us will be on our best behavior and quite polite... I can imagine is...

*Awkward silence...*
*April walks to the bathroom to wash face and brush teeth.*
*April walks back into the room.*
*Awkward silence*
*Roomie walks to the bathroom to get ready for bed*
*Roomie walks back into the room.*
*Awkward silence*
*Both slip into their beds*
"Okay, I'm going to sleep."
*Awkward response*
"Okay, goodnight."
"Goodnight."
*Awkward*

That's how I can imagine it going down... Okay, I'm only half kidding. But there will no doubt be a few awkward moments those first couple days... I can't wait!!! : D

So, with 5 days left, I have MUCH to get done. Today I am sorting through my clothes and deciding which ones I am taking with me to college. I am going to wash and pack them all. This should be fun! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment